The aim of CREATe-Network is to provide a platform for international and intersectoral collaboration between different academic and non academic institutions in Europe, Latin America, USA and South Africa in the multidisciplinary field of advanced composite materials.
The cooperation is based on the exchange of PhD students and experienced researchers from academy and industry, complemented with two network workshops and one final network conference.
The CREATe-Network is composed of 3 academic institutions in Europe:
- Saarland University, Germany
- Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
- INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Germany
3 non-academic institutions in Europe:
- AB Sandvik Coromant, Sweden
- Steinbeis Research and Innovation Centers – Materials Engineering Center Saar, Germany
- Nanoforce Ltd., United Kingdom
8 academic partners outside Europe:
- CSIR – Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa
- Universidad Católica de Uruguay, Uruguay
- Instituto de Investigaciones en Ciencia e Ingeniería de Materiales, Argentina
- Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Universidad de Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Georgia Institue of Technology, United States
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Argentina
The network cooperates in the field of design, processing and characterization of novel composite materials for resource-efficient applications and environmentally friendly technologies, in particular energy storage, bearings, electrical contacts, and cutting tools.
The purpose of the network is to combine the varied expertise of academic and industrial network members in the multidisciplinary field of materials science and engineering. Their goal is to design new composite materials with superior properties and performance.
The close involvement of industrial partners grants the opportunity for the developed concepts to be turned into innovative products in specific industrial areas.
Please find further information about CREATe here.